Wednesday, May 2, 2007

An hour later.......

It's 3:30 pm on Wednesday, an hour after my last posting and 30 minutes since I talked to Karen. Not on the satellite phone I mentioned because that was in the luggage that was lost. So its 11:30 pm in Addis - Karen's at the Hilton and she has no luggage (including her carry-on that they required her to check in Frankfurt). Good news is that she has all the adoption documents, a toothbrush, camera, book, and that's about it.

She still plans to be up by 5am to head back to the airport to visit the ancient Coptic Churches in Lalibela - stay overnight (maybe get the tour guide to stop at a shop or two to buy a blouse and pair of pants).

Hopefully the luggage will be there by Friday when she returns to Addis and catches her shuttle to the orphanage. But it's all good! And by Saturday Karen will have met Max and Mari for the first time.

Maggie, Suesie and I leave in less than 48 hours and the To-Do Lists are actually shrinking a little bit. Can't wait!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, no! Lost luggage! I hope it will be waiting for you soon. Meanwhile I'm sure you will find what you need in Addis. We're lighting our candle tonight and will pray especially for found suitcases! (And, Jeff, maybe you could pack some undies for her!)

Rod said...

What an adventure life is and to be right in the thick of it when things aren't going exactly right make for some great stories but not that much fun when you are going through it. You four are in my prayers, wishing you safe travel and some laughter to go with it!!!

Rod

Anonymous said...

THIS IS SO AWESOME! I am honestly moved to tears to hear that Karen is already in Africa and that Jeff & Mags are headed there soon. GOD SPEED, RADTKES!!

Lourdes said...

Karen and Jeff,
It's so exciting to part of this adventure of the heart with you! Thanks for making it so accessible to share in your joy, surprise, challenge, and delight! We are hoping for all the best, and await four with hugs and kisses!
Always in our heart,
Lourdes and Jason

WilliamsGang said...

Karen,

Hang in there.

It will be all worth it!

BTW, Jamie and I got engaged last weekend!!

Greg, Jamie, Chase and Blake

WilliamsGang said...

I love world of warcraft awsome awsome awsome chirstmas gift :)

WilliamsGang said...

getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chase & Blake

sue said...

I can hardly contain myself. I only have one day to get through and then I am off to an adventure that will be filled with stories and wonderful moments. The clock is ticking. I am sure that I will forget something but no worries. I will go with the flow and all will be well.
Sue